Tuesday, January 10, 2012

End of 2011

Things seem to be insanely crazy lately that it has been so hard to find the time to write anything.  And I miss it.  And I'm way behind.  Again.  Sigh.

Just before Christmas, Tank (our suburban) decided to have some issues.  Then a week later, more issues.  So now with a new U-joint, new tires, and new (to us) rear axle (and a big ding in the checkbook) we're up and able to go again as a family.  It was a crazy few days there not being able to go anywhere as a family.  This is when I am so grateful we kept our minivan as our second car so at least most of us could go places when Daddy wasn't at work.  I also am grateful for personal revelation and how the timing worked out.  At least it waited until I didn't HAVE to have a vehicle to run Christina to and from seminary and school.

At least by the time Christmas hit, it was a little calmer in our house.  We had probably the best Christmas our family has ever had, not because of the gifts given or received but because we were able to reflect on our time as a family without having to run anywhere.  I know it is nice to see family during the holiday season, but about every few years, I just like it to be only us and not travel.  It was wonderful.  I still miss white Christmases though.

Then I found out that all the pictures I took Christmas Eve/Christmas morning with a new SD card in my camera I lost.  All but one.  And one or two on my phone.  I keep trying to tell myself that the pictures don't really matter.  But I'm not giving up on the SD card yet.  Maybe someday I'll be able to retrieve just one or two more...

Our tenant also gave us notice that he's moving out the end of January so we're hoping to get our house in Utah back on the market again.  I really love that area but the headaches and stress are just getting to be too much for this momma.  So if you know of anyone interested.......

Clay got all his paperwork in so his packet will be going before the Army HPSP Board next week to see if we get the Army scholarship to be able to go to school this summer.  We both feel very comfortable with the fact that he will be chosen.  So hopefully in a few weeks, we will know more of what our lives will be.  Somedays it gets a little challenging when it feels like we should have reached this point in our lives about 10 years ago but at least we're finally there, right?

I'm currently sewing Amanda's baptism dress.  She is so excited.  So much so that she took Christina's cell phone (my old one) and texted all of Christina's contacts (including the contacts I had on the phone) about her baptism.  Some people got it at 2 in the morning.  If you are included in this group, I'm sorry.  I'm glad she's excited but I was planning on a little better way to invite people.

Well, time to call it a night again.  5 am comes early these days.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Markell, Thanks for your comment on my blog! It was really nice to hear from you. One of the worst things about not having had internet the past few months is that I haven't been able to keep up with everyone's blogs. Your family looks great and I hope the scholarship board goes well for you guys!