So things have been kind of crazy. Well, more than crazy I guess so I'm going to do a big catch up on the fall of 2012 with one big post. Labor Day weekend Amanda and I got our haircut finally. She cut enough off to donate to locks of love for the first time.
Clay's mom came up to help with the kids and be part of the fun.
Waiting for it to start---
Clay's white coat--We made it finally to the beginning of the last of his schooling (at least that's what he told me yesterday).
Clay and his mom--
Then there was the fun of the flu some quiet moments that make a mom's heart smile--
October was pretty busy. We went down to Oak Ridge to the American Museum of Science and Industry where we had fun playing with dinosaurs and fun science stuff.
Amanda is in 3rd grade which I forgot means lots of projects for school. This is a 3D model she and I made together of a building in our community. She was assigned the DCOM building where Dad has some of his classes this year and will spend most of his time during his second year.
October 12th we had the other first year and Post Bac. LDS students over for a dinner and a little mingling. This is most of the guys (I think 2 guys and 1 gal are missing)--
Clay had a big test the next Monday and Christina had a Stake Youth activity in Knoxville so the other 5 kids and I went to a fall festival to have a little fun--
I can't believe how fast this little guy is growing up--
One foggy morning, Clay took this cool picture with his cell phone--
The last weekend in October we were blessed with two more boys so we had a total of 8 children--
This is Kazuki from Japan--
And this is Alex from Romania--
It was so fun to have these exchange students as part of our family for the weekend. I seriously was doubting my sanity for offering to do this but I am so glad we had this opportunity. We were able to take them to our church's chili cookoff (where I won an award for the most spicy chili) and have lots of fun and lots of sharing of our beliefs with these great young men. Maybe someday we'll have exchange students for a little longer than a weekend.
Amanda had a hard time saying goodbye.
November was filled with more tests for Clay and having friends over for Thanksgiving Dinner.
December started off with Clay's finals (he did awesome) and then things got a little fun....

No comments:
Post a Comment