Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Excitement

Ok, it's been over a month, almost 2 since I posted last. Samantha turned 2 months last Friday, we have her appointment tomorrow, so I'll post her weight & stuff later. Things seem to be going non stop lately but I'll touch a few of the highlights from the last few days.

spent 2 days so far working on the system and I think it's working, at least for now. After a while, I noticed Daniel had taken his glasses off, so they wouldn't get wet while we were working on the sprinklers. I asked him where they were--on the picnic table in the back, he said--and asked him to take them inside. Later that night, we realized that he didn't moLast Saturday, we were able to get the rest of our garden in (YEAH!!!!) and work on the sprinkler system. We found some heads that we didn't know were there so we'll be able to have a greener backyard hopefully this summer. We'veve them inside so we spent an hour out in the dark with flashlights having a treasure hunt and praying.

We didn't find them that night, so the next morning we spent time outside looking again before church, no luck. I also went out after church with some of the kids, no luck. As we were leaving church, I mentioned to some friends who live down the road about the fun we were having and told them if they happened to find them, let us know. Afterwards, I felt like a pretty silly mom for telling them of our dilemma. I finally decided that I would have to call the next morning (Monday) and get an appointment for Daniel to get another exam and glasses. That night, we were all downstairs and the doorbell rang so Clay ran up to get it. It was our neighbors down the street who said they found them by a tree in front of our neighbors house. We quickly said a prayer and had a great lesson about how Heavenly Father uses other people to answer our prayers some times.

Tonight as I write, Clay is out finding a piece for our water pipe that burst under the kitchen sink tonight, after Home Depot closed, of course. Oh the fun we're having. I noticed earlier that it was wet under the sink but we were running out to take the kids to a soccer practice with the SLC REAL players so I didn't find the problem then. We have no water at the moment so I guess we'll use water storage tonight if he can't find the part.

Christina has also had a busy few days. Monday she had a band concert where she was doing a solo but I had a meeting for work that I had to attend so I sent Clay with Jonathan & Amanda to record it for me. The camcorder wasn't working and Jonathan threw up right before they were supposed to go (after I already left) and so they were late but they got to listen to it at least. She'll have to do it for me later. Tonight we went and had her hair cut to donate to locks of love. I took pictures, I'll try to post them tomorrow. She didn't want me to tell any of the family yet so we'll see who reads the blog before we see them again. It's really cute and should be much easier for her to take care of now.

Jonathan has been fun lately, he loves to go outside for walks or to play in the playhouse or go anywhere. Lately, we'll get in the car and he'll say "What are we doing?" It's so cute.

Well, Clay's home so I guess I'll go see what fun we're going to have tonight. Wish us luck

No comments: