Too bad it's not July and that would fit better.
Monday I took the kids to a water park here. The library in Killeen (one of the cities near us) has a reading program and that is the big reward at the end. As the kids walked up, it reminded me of last year when I sat out with our little Ethan and watched them have fun with Dad. This year, it was just me and the kids. Ethan did great and the other kids did really well too. They did a good job keeping tabs on each other, for the most part. I did have a lost sheep moment that made me wander for a minute looking for one but we're all good. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a ball.
That afternoon, I took Daniel and Ethan and went out to get a few more school supplies. I have to admit shopping the deals was a lot more fun when there were only a few to shop for. I think I'm mostly done now, thankfully.
I also called the high school we wanted Christina to transfer to and she got in! WAHOO!!!! No gunshot holes in the ceiling! Now to fill out the rest of the paperwork and get her registered. High School, here we come, ready or not.
We've been trying to get our list done of things that need to be done before Daddy gets home. The Army has been nice and given us more time that we thought we had too. :( I thought we would have him home by now, but not yet.
Yesterday felt like Christmas Eve, but as the day went on, I knew that today wasn't going to be Christmas. Made last night kind of rough. I'm glad I haven't told the kids when he was supposed to be here.
I got a call a few hours ago though, and Santa's sleigh finally took off from Kuwait. Now he has to circle the globe a few times (which takes quite a while) but at least he's headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment