Today was my last Sunday alone. YEA!!!! So of course, we had a rough start to the day. And church started out rough with the kids. I sent Jonathan to go sit with an older couple in the ward and had to sneak out to go feed Ethan. Our Mother's Room doesn't have a speaker so you can hear what's going on so I sat in the Relief Society room so I could still hear the talks. After a short time, Jonathan peeked his head in.
He told me he didn't like sitting with them (rather surprising). I told him if he didn't go back, I might make him sit with them next week (wait, I thought that was a reward to sit with someone else?) and not sit with Dad. When Ethan fell asleep, I went back into the chapel. No Jonathan. Went out and found him and had him sit next to me. He was really good the rest of the meeting. I still can't believe he didn't want to go sit with the other couple but whatever it was it worked.
When I sat down, I realized something changed in me too. I felt a lot of peace. I'm sure it was all the prayers going up in my behalf from those around me. And we made it through. Thankfully.
Before church this morning, I got a phone call saying our soldier will be home within 5 days! We can't really say too much for security reasons but it's getting close and we have a date and a time now. I had a family council with the kids and told them about the phone call. I asked if they wanted to know the date and we decided it was better if they just knew it was within 5 days, but not tomorrow.
Christina came back later and asked for the date.
And a while later, wanted to know the time. She's not much for surprises.
So we've made a list of the things we need to do before Daddy comes home. We're so excited (and nervous and anxious and you name it) for Daddy to come home.
It's coming to an end.
Thankfully.
A few more days.......
He's sitting in Kuwait now until his flight leaves. I'm not sure how many more times we'll be able to chat before he comes home. I think I know more about his homecoming than he does.
And this one is waiting for him--
See tooth #7? It poked through the day before his birthday. His got quite the choppers now and has really decided to use them. He's taken quite a liking to table food. He had lasagna for the first time last night and LOVED it! Hopefully we can fatten him up a little like the doctor wants.
No comments:
Post a Comment