Tuesday, July 12, 2011

UTAH!

A week and a half later and I'm peeling like a snake still from the sunburn.  Luckily I think I'm near the end of it.  I still feel like a bad mom for watching my kids suffer.  Good lesson to remember for next time.

Sunday, July 3rd we went to our old ward in West Valley.  It still feels like home and was so nice to see so many friends.  After church, we headed down to my brother's house.  We had another BBQ outside cooking hot dogs and watched Condorman.

July 4th, I took the kids to the Brick Oven in Provo for lunch.  Daniel decided he wants to go to BYU and live next to the Brick Oven.  I told hm he couldn't choose a college based on what restaurants were around it.  That night, we had a picnic with some of my Jensen cousins.  It was good to see those who came and then we headed back up to my grandma's house in Magna for the night.  The next day, we loaded the car and drove down for my mom to go to a meeting with her siblings.  While she was there, the kids and I had a picnic, drove around to where we used to live when Clay &; I were newlyweds, and did a little shopping.

After my mom's meeting, we walked through my uncle's new house and then headed to the temple.  She watched the kids while I went in.  It was good.  Wish I had more time inside but I made it.  After that, we drove back up to my parent's house in WY, about a 3 hour drive, getting there very late.

Wednesday we went for a drive up the canyon, just miles from my parent's house to play in the creek there.  But there were cows everywhere so the kids only got to throw rocks in.  (I'll have to update with photos when I get home.)  We had fun mooing at the cows as we drove through and the kids got to see cows close up.

Thursday, the kids and I spent 5 hours helping grandma move things and clean up in her garage.  We were all filthy!  I had to clean the tub after the kids were done with their baths. Then we headed to Montpelier to get some pizza.

Friday we got out grandpa & grandma's 4 wheelers and I took some of the kids for a ride.  I started with Samantha.  We got a few feet and she was done.  Next was Jonathan.  We drove around the yard once and he was ready to get off.  I went really slow too but it was still too much so after the second time around, we came in and Amanda got on.  Amanda is my little dare devil.  She kept telling me to go faster.  She could have stayed out there all day on it.  It started blowing though and I knew we needed to go in.  We had a storm blow through and so later that day, I took Christina out and Grandpa took Daniel.  They had a ball.  I heard Christina tell her dad that I was trying to kill her.  She's not a thrill seeker like Amanda and I promise I wasn't going that fast.  I took Christina up to my parent's long driveway and let her sit in front and drive for a bit.  She's going to be a very cautious driver.

That night, my mother's sister and her husband came.  It was so good to talk with Linda & Roger.  I just love how they interact with the kids and are so willing to talk.  The next morning, we got up and got ready for the family reunion in Chesterfield, ID where my grandfather was born near and his family lived for a few generations.  They were herding sheep down the mountain from my parent's place so it took a little bit to get out between the two herds.  The kids thought it was so fun to drive through sheep.  And then we were off to Chesterfield, ID to see my great, great, grandfather's cabin.

No comments: