Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July Begins

So I'm still trying to catch up.  July 1st we headed to Utah!!!  Can you tell the kids were excited?
 This is how excited Ethan was.  His first visit to Utah and he couldn't take the excitement.  :)
July 1st is my dad's birthday so we invited everyone over to my grandparents home (that they moved into when my dad was a year old) to join us for some fun.  My mom picked up this cake for him.  We used ever candle we could find.  :)
 My cousin helped me surprise my dad with it.   It took so long to light them all that half the cake was covered in wax.
 Here's my dad with 4 of his brothers and his mother, my Grandma Beck.  My uncle Tom lives in Washington.  We were so glad we could get a picture with all of the rest of them. It was funny it looks like they coordinated clothes.
 It was so fun to see everyone and spend time with them.
 And I got to see 2 more siblings.  Here's one of my younger brothers, Jake.
 And my older brother, Deron.

It was a fun weekend.  The next day, July 2nd, we went to the pool with Deron, Virginia, McKenZ, and Jaxon.  And we got fried.  

I promise we put sunscreen on.  

Next time, I need to remember:
1)  Utah is higher elevation, closer to the sun.
2)  90 degrees in Utah feels considerably better than 90 degrees in Texas.
3)  REAPPLY!!!!

My sunburn finally stopped peeling a few days ago.

No comments: