Sunday, July 24, 2011

Trip through photos

So forgive me but I haven't had time to touch up these photos.  I did go back and add a few pictures for the kids birthdays and was going to try to pick it up like that but then there are those great pictures that you're not sure where to put in.  So I'm going to kind of start over with the trip.  Sorry for any duplications.

On day 2 of the trip, we finally got to leave the state.  Texas is huge!!!!  I mean it looks really big on a map, but I assure you that when you drive in it, it's even bigger.  
The first state we entered-- New Mexico!!!

 And on to State #3--Colorado!!!!  You may notice one is missing in this photo.  My rule is, if they're asleep, don't wake them.  :)

Daniel's birthday, opening presents.  (Blurry picture but I love the look on Daniel's face.)

Since we wouldn't be there for her birthday, we let Christina open the gifts from her cousins--a make up kit.

And this is the kind of fun you have with said kit with your cousin--

Here's Christina and her cousin, Barbra on Daniel's birthday when we went to do fireworks--


 Me and my sister, Kimberly before we left her house in Colorado.

And then it was on to Wyoming--  (notice 2 asleep at this point.)

Ethan decided to grab his sister's cake on her birthday--

Ethan trying to decide if Grandma was okay.  This trip was great for him to overcome his mommy phase.  He got used to going to other people.   I was worried it would make it worse and glad he does great going to other people now.

My parents live very close to the Idaho border so on June 30th, we headed to Idaho to go to get an oil change, check out a museum, have Artic Circle shakes and fry sauce.  We have our priorities, you know.  :)  And I got to be in a picture since I had someone take the picture for us.

Going to the Oregon Trail Museum.  The lady there was amazing with the kids.



Riding horses in the park the museum.

After the museum, we headed up the canyon so Grandpa could take the boys fishing.  We sat in the suburban while grandpa spent some time with the boys.

 And we had our own fun.


Then it was a drive back to Grandpa & Grandma's house for cooking hot dogs over a fire and roasting marshmallows.

Caught a little talk with grandpa.

1 comment:

wylie said...

It is great to see a few pictures of parts of the trip. Add more! You did amazing Markell!