okay, I haven't been as good at this as I was hoping. This summer has been kind of a struggle. The first week of summer vacation for the kids went really well but the fun of it has worn off by now I guess. I guess I should update things a little. On June 21st (our 12th anniversary), my brother Jake got engaged to Jill Corson. We are thrilled for them!!!! They are getting married on August 27th in the Salt Lake Temple.
I was asked to make the bridesmaids dresses (3 of them), her going away dress, and dresses for the nieces and ties for the nephews attending (my 5, and my sister's 2). So I've got the 3 ties done and the older 3 girls dresses are getting there. I've got to put in the zippers, sew the lining down and hem them. Just over a month to go!!!
Christina and Daniel had their birthdays in the end of June. We were going to overlap their birthday parties but decided to combine them instead so we had them on Friday, June 27th. Clay started a temp. job teaching at the U of U (algebra & geometry to junior high students) that started the Monday before (the 24th?) and will end on Aug. 1. He usually takes a lunch and some times comes home for lunch so we figured a lunch birthday water party would be great. It wasn't until the day before I realized we had scheduled the party when daddy wouldn't be here. whoops!
So after my emotional breakdown, I pulled myself together and it worked. I had 2 of my friends come help and we pulled it off. I think there were a total of 25 people (3 of whom were adults). Crazy, I know. The next Monday, the kids and I headed off to Denver for my niece's baptism.
Denver was fun--it was nice to get a little bit of a break from our normal chaos. Clay flew in that Thursday in time for the baptism. Barbra asked me to play the piano for the program (which I haven't played in front of others in years!!!!) . We all survived. The next Sunday, we headed home. The kids actually did really well in the car.
My sister and I were able to get the fabric for the little girls dresses in Colorado so I've been busy sewing the last 2 weeks to try to get them done.
Anyway, we're surviving. Clay just got another part-time job yesterday working for Fed Ex Ground. It's just temporary for now but hopefully it will turn into something more. He'll be working 3 jobs the next 2 weeks. I long for the day when we can just survive on 1 job.
1 comment:
Hey! I finally found your blog!
I can't believe how big your kids are.
Thanks for the updates
Post a Comment