Anyway, we found the guy who's renting our house off of KSL.com. He's a single dad, custody of 3 girls, 2 are his wife's from another marriage/relationship. Who knows what that means. He was living in Daybreak area when he had the bank/police show up informing him the house he was renting was going into foreclosure and he had about a week to get out. We had my sister in law interview him and we talked with him a couple of times on the phone so hopefully we've done enough background. My brother and his wife are going to kind of manage it for us in case anything big happens since they are closer than we are.
Right now I'm really missing the snow. I was a winter baby, maybe that's why. It's actually gotten cold enough here (we were in the 30s for a few days last week). I kept hoping that I'd walk outside and see just a little dusting of snow. But no. There were a few, and I mean a few, flakes one day. Daniel and Amanda said they let all the kids run outside for a few minutes to see the snow. If you weren't looking in the sky, you would have missed it. It didn't stick at all. I guess about 2-3 years ago they got 1 good snow storm. Maybe we'll be lucky this year. I hope so.
I know maybe some of you think I'm crazy, but I miss the beautiful whiteness of the snow. I miss having the brown dirt and muck covered over by a pure, white blanket. I miss watching the peaceful snow fall, especially when it drifts so slowly down. I miss having the world covered in white when no one is outside, no footprints in the white snow. I miss how the world seems to stop for a while and lets you spend time with your family.
I miss taking my kids sledding. I miss building snowmen. I miss the joy on their faces as they get to play in this cold white stuff (especially when they get to do that for the first time ever). I miss my fireplace. I miss looking at Christmas lights as they glow through the snow.
Jonathan keeps talking about when all the snow comes, it will be Christmas. Even the best Christmas countdown calendar can't compete with that. I keep trying to talk to him about it so hopefully he'll still enjoy Christmas without the snow.
So, I know that driving in the snow isn't so fun sometimes, but those of you with snow, enjoy it double time for us this year. Maybe next year we'll be somewhere where we can get just a little snow at least.
1 comment:
If I could send you our snow, believe me I would! I'm sorry you're missing it so much.
Post a Comment