Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Friday, October 29th was our ward's trunk or treat. We all got dressed up and headed to the church for a chili cook off and trunk or treating for the kids. I won the "Celestial Award" this year as I made white chili. Last year I got honorable mention/runner up. I'm sure it was for our "secret" last minute addition. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to post about that one.

Anyway, after a yummy dinner, we headed outside for what the kids wanted. Clay took the youngest ones around while Ethan and I hung out in the back of the suburban to hand out candy. I didn't even attempt to try to decorate the trunk this year.

Daniel trunk or treating--Amanda trunk or treating.
Did you notice, no coats? Yep, it's still pretty warm here.

After Samantha went around with Daddy, she came and hung out in the back with us to dig in to her treasures.
But she soon realized that mom had a WHOLE BOWL FULL right next to her. She immediately got to work pulling out as many Smarties as she could to put in her bag. Brother Cloward from our West Valley ward introduced Samantha to Smarties and I'm pretty sure they're still one of her favorites.
Jonathan trunk or treating.
Christina and the other Beehive in our ward.
Saturday night we went to a Halloween Party that one of Clay's coworkers had. The kids had so much fun, especially holding their pet mice.

Amanda has now added pet mice to her wish list. Nice.

I have to admit growing up in farm country, mice are not considered pets in this mom's book.

No comments: