This summer was pretty rough. I felt like every week we were living our lives so we could drop everything to run close on a house as quickly as we got the call that everything was good to go.
I'm a bit of a planner and really struggled a lot this summer as life was in a constant chaos. Every so often, I would pull out of my slump and decide that we would need to plan something to do just so I wasn't going nuts. I really think it was much harder on me than anyone else. Kids are so great to go along with whatever we see fit to put them through. Aren't they amazing?
So what do you do when you're living out of suitcases for weeks on end and trying to come up with stuff to do for your six kids? Drive to Athens, TN to visit Mayfield Dairy Farms!
July 9, 2012--See, we like to grab life by the horns and make are own fun sometimes. :)The kids even got to "milk" a cow. This is Amanda, Ethan, Daniel, and Samantha.
We spent a lot of time in grandma's pool and Daniel had fun with grandma's basketball hoop. Ethan loved all the attention and tried to keep himself busy. At one point this summer, he even found a spray bottle of bleach and bleached his own hair. We like to keep life interesting. :)
I keep reflecting over the lessons I was supposed to learn over this summer, even though it wasn't the most I've ever had.
I kept trying to remind myself that it was probably the best for our kids. They got to spend a lot of time with Clay's family. They got both of us parents this year and we got to work together to help Clay's mom get some projects done. We relied a lot on our faith and prayers to get us through.
By the middle of July, I was getting pretty worried, Clay's school started on July 24th. I was missing a lot of family events, class reunion, etc. Feeling pretty alone and not sure what to do with 6 kids if he needed to go up to school. Lots of unknowns and concern and yet I knew that somehow, someway the Lord had a plan for our family and with his help, we would be where he wanted us to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment