Clay, Christina, Daniel--March 2002Well, this is to see who is really reading our blog. We've been going through a lot of decisions lately and we have decided that Clay is going to be enlisting in the army. He was only 1 point away from maxing out the test (I wasn't surprised) and so they said he could pick any job he wanted.
He'll be leaving around February 20th (we're not sure of exact dates yet) to go to Fort Benning, Georgia for Basic Training (9-10 weeks). After that he'll be at Fort Gordan, near Augusta, Georgia for Advanced Training (15-16 weeks). The kids and I will stay in our home here at least until he gets his first assignment. His plan is to go to the Army PA school but he needs to serve some time first. We'll probably be in San Antonio, TX for that.
I am so proud of him and for everything he does and will do to provide for our family. I know this decision has not been an easy one for either one of us, but we know the Lord will provide and protect our family while we are separated. Thank you for all of your prayers.
We've started talking to the kids about the changes that are coming. When we told them that Dad was going to Fort Benning, where my mother was born, Christina said, "We're going to live in a Fort?" We had to explain what a Fort was. :)
And on top of it all, we get to speak in Sacrament meeting tomorrow. My topic--"Constant Truths for Changing Times". Appropriate, huh? Clay gets to talk about our purpose here on earth. Hopefully it will go well. I hope I'll feel less anxious after.
7 comments:
Oh dear, those are serious life changing experiences!
I hope it all goes well, keep us posted.
Love, David, Belky and the girls
Oh Markell...I know that along with such tough choices there are also a lot of prayers. I am sure you are making the right choice. The Lord is mindful of you and your family and will bless you with the things that you need. My father was in the Air Force for 20 years and it was a wonderful life for us children. Keep us all posted and know that you will never be alone.
I'm happy to hear you have some dates now. I hope you know I'm here for you and the kids and if you need ANYTHING while Clay is away, PLEASE do not hesitate to call. I've had a taste of what it is like with "Daddy" gone and it is not easy. Good luck with the talks tomorrow! Can't wait to hear them!!
Fort Benning is a great place to go. I lived there for 11 years of my Army Brat life and even helped in the servicemens ward on base. :) I'm sure he will do great! I need to get that info to you guys that my bro has for physical therapy in the Army, but I lost your email!! I hope all goes well. Let us know if you need help with anything!
You know we are here for you no matter what you guys need!
Hi guys. I found your blog from facebook. We loved living in San Antonio. Our ward was full of medical folks in the army and air force. Wonderful people. You'll do great!
love,
Kara
Oh wow!
BIG changes. I remember the time frame when that picture was taken. Clay will do well. He is honorable and a hard, hard worker. The army is very lucky.
Keep us posted on the developments.
Post a Comment