Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Christina's Birthday

Tuesday, June 29th was Christina's 13th birthday. It's official, we have a teenager in the house now. I felt kind of bad for her this day because it didn't quite go as well as either one of us wanted. Luckily, even though daddy had to stay late at work, we were able to pull things together at the end of the day for her. She got a CD she's been wanting and seemed to enjoy her other gifts as well.
The cake I tried to make for her that day, didn't quite work out (long story) so 2 days later, I finally gave in and went and bought a cake for her.
Christina was the first, the one who turned me into a mother. Christina was born on Sunday, June 29th. I had actually gone into the hospital the night before because she wasn't moving much (first time mom jitters). After the staff checked both of us over, things were fine. Later that night, after going to a family picnic, we got a call from the hospital saying that the doctor wanted to go ahead and induce us the next day. One last night before being a parent so we figured we would sleep in, as much as you can when you're 9 months pregnant. Around 5 am, the phone rang and it was the hospital asking when we were coming in. Seriously?

So we got up, and headed in to the hospital. They started getting everything hooked up when the nurse said, "You can't feel that?" I asked what she was referring to when she told me that I was having pretty good contractions that the monitor was picking up. They went ahead and got the induction going and then I could feel the contractions. Things continued throughout the day and I will admit that I even kicked Clay out for a while when he was eating the lunch I couldn't eat. That was the only time that happened. :)

Finally around 2 pm, they said I could start pushing. I had an epidural which was working a little too well, so I couldn't feel a thing from the chest down. 3 hours later, at 5:11 pm, Christina was born, weighing 7 lbs. 1 oz. and 19 inches long.

Christina has been an amazing child for us, truly a gift from our Heavenly Father (especially the last year and a half). I am so grateful for her being in our family and for the wonderful example she is for her younger siblings. She loves to read, play the flute, babysit, play the wii, and having time with her parents with out the other kids. :) Thanks for your great example of your positive attitude for our family.

No comments: