Monday, April 1, 2013

January

So I have a couple of days to get caught up before I have surgery so let's see if I can get everything done.  ;)

After our trip to Disney World in December, it was hard to come home to winter again.  Clay and Christina started off with getting pneumonia and bronchitis which of course spread through most of the other kids.  I guess we played too hard.  :)

Luckily for the kids we had a lot of snow days.  The roads here are pretty windy and up and down hills so it doesn't take much to cancel school.  We also had a few days of school closure due to flooding.  Clay said he saw some trailers with water almost up to the door.  Luckily it didn't affect us like that.

Here's a picture out our back door after a snow storm.  The little pond usually isn't there but it had rained a lot before the snow started to fall.
January I had another birthday.  My last of my 30s.  Here's the best one the kids took--
Most look more like this--
We have an awesome back yard for sledding so we've invested in some this year.  I think I'll need a few more for next year but the kids had a ball sledding and so did all the neighborhood dogs who come over when we go outside.
Another view from our backyard.  I LOVE having mountains again (and seasons).
My big helper Ethan helping me shovel some snow.
Christina helping Ethan on one of his first solo sledding rides.
Clay came home early one day and helped the kids finish a snowman they had started.  It ended up being taller than he is.

No comments: