There is nothing like preparing to be out of commission for a while to make one realize how far behind they are in so many areas.
Right now the laundry needs to be switched, a bed made after washing wet sheets from last night, the kitchen floor needs to be swept (wait I haven't wiped the table yet either), floors need to be vacuumed, bills paid....... But right now I need to take just a minute for me.
But then I think of all the projects I want done and have the crazy notion maybe I can just run away and get just one of them completed today. Ok, probably not.
Tomorrow I'm going in for a hysterectomy. I've been knowing that eventually I probably would need one for quite some time but I kept pushing through hoping something else would work. I've had swinging emotions about it. One minute despising my pain, constant bleeding through the years and horrible hormonal problems. Another day I am so grateful that my uterus held out to give me SIX beautiful children. I know that my little Ethan was a complete miracle and so grateful for each one of my children.
I've never been through surgery before except for being put out for my wisdom teeth so this should be interesting. I'm nervous but kind of feel like a deer with headlights in my eyes. I really have no idea what is coming for sure. But I have faith that with time, the pain will pass and I will hopefully be able to live the kind of life I want to live. I want to be able to swim with my kids this summer and go play with them instead of the fear of what other plans my body may have for me.
We've talked a little about it with the kids. I don't think most of them really get it at all, nor should they. They are just excited grandmas are coming. Monday night after FHE I talked to the kids a little more reminding them they will need to help more and let me rest. I talked to them about how I'll be asleep during the surgery so I won't remember it. Tuesday when I picked up Amanda from school, she asked if I'll still remember her. I had to reassure her that my memories won't be erased.
I guess I better get back to getting ready for this fun vacation. Someday soon hopefully I'll be back with Easter pictures of the kids and other fun things. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get back today....
Oh, and Clay has a HUGE test he's majorly stressing over on Monday. Please pray for him. :)
1 comment:
I hope all went well. Thinking of your family.
Post a Comment