Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We're still alive!

Wow what a crazy week!!!! My brother Jake and his now wife, Jill, went through the temple on August 23rd in the Manti Temple. We went down and camped the night before (my sister Kimberly came late that night to join us) at the campground next to the temple. It was fun and our only camping trip this year. It was hard for me to get away but we did it. It was so exciting to watch my brother and Jill receive their endowments.

The wedding was Wednesday, I'll post pictures later. I took some with my camera but my aunt said she would get me a CD with all the pictures she took (the professional photographer :). ) I was able to make skirts for my sister and I. All combined, I made a total of 8 dresses, 2 skirts, and 11 ties for the wedding in about 6 weeks. I think I'll take a break from the sewing machine this week. :P.

Today was a much needed break. The older 2 started school last week but with company and the wedding, it didn't really sink in for any of us. Today Jonathan kept asking where everyone was. It was nice to be able to take a walk and visit with a friend today and not feel the time restraints. I even pulled a few weeds while Amanda and Jonathan played in the sand box. Jonathan and Samantha took a nap at the same time this afternoon and Amanda played with playdough. I don't remember the last time I had some quiet time!

Amanda starts preschool next week. She's really excited. It's 3 1/2 hours, Monday through Thursday. I've really kind of struggled with her going to preschool but I know that it is what she needs. Hopefully we will be able to see the improvement in her speech like I hope.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

WOW!

You are superwoman! That is a TON of clothes to sew.

And I had to read and reread the first paragraph. You went CAMPING before the endowments? How does that work? I think I am missing a step here. :D Brave woman.

You sound uber-busy. Enjoy your quiet time. I bet Amanda will love preschool.