Okay, so any of you who really know me, know that I am not a die hard sports fan of any kind. It's fine for some people, I just don't feel like I have time for that at this time in my life. Last month, we had a church activity. People in this area are a little (to put it mildly) vocal about their school of choice. There was a sister who lives down the street who had written a few poems about our former school (BYU). We were joking with others that night about possible ways to tease them back.
This morning I woke up early and got a shower before anyone else was awake. I sat down on the bed and was talking with Clay when I noticed something on our bedroom window. I wondered if the kids had taped something to the window (they like to leave surprises for us). I lifted the blinds enough to realize it was on the outside. I went to get my shoes on to go get it, and was met at the front door with red U's all over it! I went outside and realized we had been "U"ed sometime in the night/early morning hours. We had been up at the musical with the kids and had all gotten to bed pretty late.
As I was washing the windows at 8 a.m. this morning and taking down the U's, a neighbor came by on his bike and started laughing. He said, "They got you back, huh?" I asked what he was talking about. I guess our friends down the street had been "Y"ed yesterday. He said someone had spray painted Ys in their grass. I will say now--THIS WAS NOT US!!!! I have too much else going on to even think about spending money or time on this right now. Although, I am curious-- who did get them?
So........
We got it all cleaned up and made breakfast for our family. Daniel was pretty upset over what had happened so I figured this would be a good teaching opportunity about turning the other cheek. Our friends thought we had done something to them first, but we don't need to get them back. We were eating breakfast, I had made blueberry muffins, and Daniel says, "I know how we can turn the other cheek on them." I said, "What do you mean?" Daniel replied, "We can take them BLUEberry muffins!" I have to admit, I thought this was pretty funny but I guess I didn't get my point across about turning the other cheek.
2 comments:
OK, that is seriously funny. That is a bit insane though! So, did you bring the muffins?!!
How funny!
Wow I didn't know it was that serious over there.
Post a Comment