I forgot to post that last Tuesday (February 10th) Clay spent the day at MEPS (5:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.) and is officially sworn in as a soldier in the army reserves. He will be sworn in again on March 18th into active army. So it's official. If he doesn't show--he's AWOL. I'm very proud of him. I am a little nervous about being separated and being a "single" mom. It's hard knowing what is coming. I keep wondering how is the best way to prepare for this? We're trying to talk more with the kids and explain things for them. A sister in church today suggested we have Clay read books on tape for the kids when he's gone. I hadn't thought of that. I think I'll pull out some of the kids favorites and make a DVD of daddy reading to them. Then they will be able to see & hear him. I know I've got a great ward who will help if I just ask. I know this will be a very humbling experience. At least I can say we have tried everything else. There are no stones left unturned or wondering what may have been if we had gone another path.
We were able to get most of the drywall up yesterday. Just have around the door left and the electrical is mostly done (besides the fact that the outlet box was put too close to where the mirror will be so I'm going to have Clay move the box to the other side between the studs--not too big of deal). We learned that they used to have a swamp cooler--we found the wires & switches for that behind the wall. I don't think they ever figured anyone would look behind the wall. I can't believe all the garbage we found there--odd drywall pieces, tubes from the adhesive they used, etc.!

I'm very grateful for a wonderful husband who is willing to do this for us. I was able to give the youngest 3 a very careful bath yesterday! Hopefully we will be able to do taping & mudding this week and paint. I would love it if we could start on the tile too, but I think we have something almost every night this week so we'll see.
1 comment:
Good Luck with Everything! I have seen some who use their blog as a portal for being connected to others in times of need and lonelyness. Don't be afraid to reach out, even if it's on line if you need support!
Post a Comment