Well, the bathroom is progressing, slowly. Last night after sanding, I put another coat of paint on. The color is "cup of cocoa". I am very happy with the color. After work today, I helped Clay get the backerboard down for the tile. He had to leave for work so I got to get all the screws in. I'm getting a little worried about getting everything done before he goes but we're trying to "enjoy" the process. Samantha loves taking a bath in the kitchen sink.
Amanda had her 5 year old well child check, to which she went to sick. I've never taken a sick child to a well child check before. She's running a fever and slept most of yesterday. The doctor took a mucus sample and it's the flu, type A--she hasn't thrown up at all! I can't wait for the flu/colds to leave.
Today was my last day at work. It's been hitting me hard today. I'm so happy I get to stay home now but I wish I didn't have to lose my husband to do it. Yesterday Clay got word that the son of his former seminary teacher, Michael Alleman, was killed Monday in Iraq. His teacher, Susan Alleman and her husband live in American Fork. It looks like the funeral will be some time next week in Logan. It's hitting a little too close to home.
I know that we have tried everything else and this is what the Lord wants us to do. There are no regrets or wishing we had tried something else. We've tried our way, and now it's time to try the Lord's way. I hope I am strong enough to be able to handle whatever may lie ahead although sometimes I wish I didn't have to be strong.
1 comment:
Our prayers are with your family. I'm sure it will get easier with time.
Post a Comment