Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Today Clay and I celebrated our 13th Anniversary.

Alone.

This is the part of the army that stinks! Not to mention the fact that it's Father's Day too.

At least we were able to talk today and all the kids (those who can talk anyway) were able to spend time on the phone with their dad.

It's been a crazy week this last week. Friday was insane. I decided that Friday was "the day" to get some of the stuff done that I have been putting off. I started by priming and prepping our bathroom. I then painted the ceiling and decided as long as I had the paint out, I paint the ceilings in the two hallways too. Well, one thing led to another and I ended up painting our bathroom (ceiling and walls), painting the ceiling in both hallways, painting the walls in one hallway, replacing the toilet seat in our bathroom, installing a new light fixture in our bathroom, and mowing the grass in just over 6 hours. I was kind of exhausted by the end of the day. Christina was such a HUGE lifesaver helping me with the kids so I could get it all done. I only had to touch up the hallway twice from fingerprints. :)

Last night I painted the trim in our bathroom but I still need to do the trim in the front hallway. I also still need to paint our bedroom and closet. That's going to be loads of fun. The room in the house that really needs to be updated. I've been busy taking loads of stuff to DI as well. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate very quickly. Good to clean things out but SO much more to do.

I met with a real estate agent last week who gave me a lot of hope about selling our home. Hopefully we'll be able to make a good profit off of it. Luckily it's in a good location which helps a ton. I'm hoping to get everything to the point of putting it on the market in about a month. Pray I can get it all done. It's kind of overwhelming some days, more often than not lately. It's been interesting to be reminded over and over again that things are not in our timing or the way we thought things would be at this point in our lives. I'm grateful for the faith I have in a loving Father in Heaven who knows much more than I do what is best for our family. It would be nice to get a tiny glimpse into our future so I would know that everything would turn out okay. Even as I type this, I know that He is always there looking out for our family. We just are still learning to let things go and put it ALL into His hands, not just the parts that are most convenient.

I am so grateful for Clay and for all he is doing for our family. He has sacrificed so much for us. He's such a great example for all of our children of learning to do the Lord's will and laying aside things of this world for something better. It hasn't been easy being separated but it's taught us both so much about appreciating what we do have. I can't wait until we can be together again. We still haven't heard if he'll be allowed to come home to baptized Daniel in less than 2 weeks. Hopefully his commander's heart will be softened and we'll hear something soon.

Happy Anniversary honey! I love you so much more than I ever thought possible when we began this journey together 13 years ago. I can't wait until we can be together as a family again. I love you.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Chris and my 12 year anniversary was on Saturday! It's strange how time passes so quickly and how deeply bonded you become as time passes especially through the hard times.

Belkycita said...

Happy Anniversary!
Watch out super woman! don't hurt yourself doing too much on one day.

You know you are in our prayers. I hope you get the house ready on time. Things always wok out,don't they?