He had an on post pass for the day so we spent the day at Fort Jackson. We took the kids to a water park they had on post called Palmetto Falls. They had a blast! I put Samantha on my stomach as I laid on a tube to go on the lazy river and she thought that was wonderful. We had to have Clay back to his barracks by 8:30 pm but it was so nice to spend the day together.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Hugs
After they did a little presentation and the commander talked, we were allowed to go down on the field and find our soldiers. They pulled A Company back from C Company (they had merged a couple of days before). When I got back there, a Drill Sergent was talking with them. I didn't want to get him in trouble so I waited until another Drill Sergent gave me permission to "go get my soldier." Clay was pretty emotional. I guess they had threatened the night before to not let them go because of some allegations of sexual misconduct from some of the other soldiers. It was so nice to hug him again. Since I was the one with the camera, I didn't get a picture of us but here's the kids first hugs with daddy.
He looks pretty emotional still in this picture.
Then we took him over to Weston Lake to the cabin we were renting. Jonathan didn't want to let his daddy go out of his sight. See his lovely BCGs (Birth Control Glasses).
Amanda was pretty attached too.

He had an on post pass for the day so we spent the day at Fort Jackson. We took the kids to a water park they had on post called Palmetto Falls. They had a blast! I put Samantha on my stomach as I laid on a tube to go on the lazy river and she thought that was wonderful. We had to have Clay back to his barracks by 8:30 pm but it was so nice to spend the day together.
He had an on post pass for the day so we spent the day at Fort Jackson. We took the kids to a water park they had on post called Palmetto Falls. They had a blast! I put Samantha on my stomach as I laid on a tube to go on the lazy river and she thought that was wonderful. We had to have Clay back to his barracks by 8:30 pm but it was so nice to spend the day together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment