So here's the first of our many adventures over the past week and a half. We started out flying to Houston (a 3 hour flight). We lucked out and Samantha was able to have her own seat. I planned this leg of the flight so she would take her nap. She was so exhausted and I felt so blessed she had her own seat. She did so much better when she was in her own seat and so much better than I feared with an ear infection.

I sat next to the two youngest. Jonathan became an expert as he studied the emergency card over and over again. At least one of us will know what to do. He kept telling me the pilots were going to start doing tricks since that's what the planes up at Hill AFB were doing last time we were there. No thank you.

Christina, Daniel, and Amanda.

We then had a two hour layover and then caught the last leg of the flight, just over 2 hours to Atlanta.

We got there about 10:30 pm EST where we were met by Clay's mom and aunt. We then took about an hour drive to Aunt Barbara's house where we crashed for the night. The kids were all pretty worn out at this point and had a hard time leaving each other alone. Great impressions but real life sometimes. I'm sure it didn't help that by this point, 3 of them were coughing. Samantha had a really hard time going to sleep with no bed so we were up until about 2:30 am when I got the inspiration to put the carry on parallel to the bed so she felt like she was in a crib. She finally gave it up thank goodness. Jonathan was up at 6:30 am ready to go for the day. Yeah for me.
We then made the 2 1/2 hour drive up to Clay's sister's/mom's house. The kids were relieved to finally be there and ready to go play with their 3 cousins.
Saturday the kids played. Sunday we went to church with his family and Jonathan started getting sicker. By Monday, I knew I needed to get Jonathan to a doctor. I had the fun of driving in Georgia with his mom giving me directions over the phone. For those who haven't ever driven in this part of the country, they don't really believe in straight roads. Jonathan said the roads are like fishes because they swerve back and forth. Pretty accurate, I think. The roads are usually referred to by their numbers and Clay usually does the driving. Another first. Me driving alone in Georgia. Thank goodness for cell phones. I had them look at Amanda too since she was coughing too. Another ear infection, Jonathan this time. I don't think we've ever had such sick kids. The doctor also gave me some cough medicine since 4 of the kids were coughing now.
1 comment:
OH MY! You write up the flying adventure so passive-like. I felt like crying for you =) You made it home, I'm so so glad. I'm so glad you got to go too.
Post a Comment