Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ethan's First Bath

July 28th we were able to get Ethan's tongue clipped (he was tongue tied). I'm so grateful that I caught it when we did and that we were able to get it clipped so early. I was really amazed that later that day, he was having so much fun playing with his tongue and moving it in and out of his mouth. Even at such a young age, he was able to tell a difference. Since then, he has been gaining weight beautifully and nursing is going so much better. On Friday, July 30th he weighed 7 lbs. 7.9 oz. and by his two week appointment, he was back to his birth weight of 7 lbs. 15 oz. Not too shabby gaining approx. 8 oz. in 4 days.

Sunday, August 1st we went to all of church and he was able to take his first bath. The kids all had fun helping with that and laughing when he would "water" the sink. Clay video taped it and Christina took the pictures.
Here he is after his bath, it wasn't his favorite.
I love this picture. Samantha has been so great with Ethan. He was the first kiddo ready for church that day.In his little suit. My sister in law bought this for us when Jonathan was born.Clay and Ethan, ready for church. Gotta love the facial expressions we catch in photos sometimes.
Here is Ethan at 2 weeks old, August 3rd.
Nice to have a calm week before everything hits again.

No comments: