It was funny the first several days we were home with Ethan, Jonathan kept coming up to me and asking "What's his name again?" He loves having a little brother.
We had a harder time coming up with Ethan's name. We wanted a Bible name to keep with tradition with our boys names (yes, Ethan is in the Old Testament) and we like to use names with meaning and family names if possible. Ethan means strong, firm, constant.
His middle name is Isaac which means laughter, joy (we need more of this in our house). He is also named after Isaac Laney who is one of my pioneer ancestors (since his birthday is close to pioneer day, July 24th). Isaac Laney survived the Haun's Mill Massacre and made the trek to Salt Lake.
I felt kind of bad that we didn't have his name picked before he got here and even until later in the day of his birth but I take naming our kids pretty seriously and want to make sure we choose the right name for our kids. I really like the name now. The first few days when people would ask his name, I had to hesitate and remember because we had gone through so many names to pick the right one. I hope people attribute this to sleep deprivation and not that I couldn't remember my child's name. I love his name now. It seems so right.
No comments:
Post a Comment