Sunday, August 8, 2010

Changes

I've been hesitant to write about some changes that we've been going through because I still don't know all the details but here's what we know for now.

The Friday before Ethan was born, we got word that Clay was being moved to the Rear Detachment Unit and being taken off the deployment list for now. It wasn't an "official" word so we didn't say much to anyone. Clay was able to have 10 days paternity leave for Ethan's birth (very grateful for) so he didn't official get moved over until this past Monday.

His leaders now have been great to work with and are trying to help us as much as they can. They are trying to get Clay ready to go before the board to get promoted to Sergeant. They're also allowing him to help more with appointments and such with the kids. He's been working half days since he went back to work since it is during a three week block leave (time people who are going on the deployment can take leave) so it's been nice to have time to get family stuff done.

He's reapplying to medical schools for next year and will be taking a class or two this fall to boost his chances. I really feel peaceful and so blessed about everything that has happened. It will be much easier to move with a one year old instead of a one week old. Christina will also be able to do high school all at one school instead of moving before her senior year (scary to think that's so close and something to think about right now).

There is still a chance that he could be called up at any time to be deployed but I'm grateful that our family will have time to work on a few things and get a little more settled and organized. I know that this is truly a miracle and we are so grateful for all the prayers in our behalf. Thank you!

3 comments:

Belkycita said...

Wow Markell, what a blessing, I am so happy for you and your family. Hopefully things will keep falling into place
Take care.

Susan Bayton said...

As the wife of a retired Air Force vet, I can feel what you are going through, we had just joined the church and the Father had his hand in so many things, then our lives changed with the blessing of being in the Military. We had 2 before and then added 4 more, we moved 20 times in 20 years several I did by myself with a baby on my hip. But when you do what Father wants you to do it all works out and you will find that you are stronger than you ever expected. Hugs from Leah's mom.

Tammy said...

Markell, I am so glad to hear this. I knew Aug. 20 was looming and I was wondering if Clay would be deployed. I am glad he has been given some time. Time to help you through that most difficult first year. I am glad you have some peace now. That makes everything seem easier to deal with. I hope you continue to feel the Lord's hand in your life.