Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bye, bye binkie

Samantha has been the first of our kids to LOVE a binkie. Love is an understatement. She was the only one of our kids to have to be in a belli bed for jaundice so she got a binkie as I couldn't hold her to soothe her as I would have liked. And it stuck.

When daddy was gone to training it was her comfort. When mommy quit nursing, it gave her comfort.

But it's time to say good-bye.

We've slowly lost binkies or chewed them to an unsafe point so I figured that would be how she would let go but she wasn't giving the last one up. She started carrying it everywhere with her and would try to hide so mom wouldn't see her with it.

One of the ladies that comes out to our house for speech for her, suggested a while back to get her this teether, called a Raz-berry.So it became "the binkie." She doesn't like it. I keep offering it to her her, but she tells me no. I wish I would have bought one before.

No comments: