Friday, December 3, 2010

Projects

Over the past few weeks I've gotten a few more projects done. First the dining room chairs. We originally bought these from our ward in Bettendorf, Iowa when they were getting new chairs for the building. We bought 6 for $5 a piece. They've been great and the legs actually match the wood on our new table. I decided to recover them and found this red fabric at Walmart for $2 a yard. I paid more for the plastic. It's so nice to have them done and I can honestly say that everyone in house worked on them (Ethan's job was just smiling and being content). It was fun to watch the little ones work on pulling out the old staples. The one on the left is the way they all used to look and on the right is the new look.

Clay and I really don't like the fabric feeling on the chairs but we have a few little ones and it has made clean ups much easier.

The next project is one that I've had in my head since Jonathan was a baby. Finally it's come to fruition.
I still need to adjust the ribbon on a few of the pictures but I like how it turned out. We're going to fill the rest of the wall with pictures of our extended family since the kids don't get to see them very often anymore.

One of my next projects will be working on stockings for all of us that match next year. We have 2 different kinds of 5 stockings each so I'll have to work on making 8 that match now. But that's not happening before Christmas this year. I figure that will be a good project while Clay's gone.

I've had fun with these projects and I really think it's helped to give me something to do positively to help combat PPD this time. I have my days but I really think it's going better this time around.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love it when you post. It makes me feel a little bit a part of your life still. You always were good at projects. We still have a chair like that too.

I hope things work out for the best and Clay is able to interview in Tennessee. Have a great Christmas together as a family.

Cheryl said...

I love your "Family" photo decoration idea! It's so beautiful!