Thanksgiving we were planning on having my aunt & uncle who recently moved to San Antonio come up to join us. Unfortuately my uncle got put on a duty the day before so they didn't make it. At least it was good incentive to get somethings done that I've been putting off. Hopefully we'll be able to see them soon. Thanksgiving day was spent relaxing and enjoying our kids. A nice break.
Daniel had his choir concert last week but I'll leave that for another post. Christina's choir concert is tonight.
Clay was told indirectly yesterday that he's back on the deployment list for January. He's pretty upset about it and if you know him, you know it takes a lot to get him upset. I'm trying to be hopeful that they're still working on things. All we're asking is for them to give him the days needed to go to the interview, then he'll go. It's very frustrating for both of us to feel like all the hard work we've put into him getting into school may be for naught. I'm really praying that he'll get confirmation so as to whether or not he can go to the interview. If they would guarantee he could go, we would buy ticket now so that they could have the date/time he would be back but we can't afford to buy a ticket on hope that he'll be able to use it.
The depression comes and goes in waves. I really don't know that I can say it is all PPD. Life is so crazy that I'm sure it's a combination of everything. Somedays I just want to take my little ones and go away from this crazyness to take them to safety somewhere but I don't even know where that is. And I love my husband and can't leave him to go through this alone. It's frustrating watching what this turmoil is doing to him, me, and our family although I know that we have some sense of peace knowing the Lord is really in control.
It's so hard trying to keep things as stable as possible for the kids. We would like to get away and go to my sister's house for Christmas but we don't even know if we will be able to do that. Clay is worried that they are going to block him if he tries to get the help he needs. It's so frustrating feeling like everyone tells us to get help but then we know that they could give him some very negative consequences. He's done everything he can to provide for our family and to do more for the army than he signed up to do but we really feel like we have our hands tied.
Time to go face another day. Praying we get some more concrete positive news today.
1 comment:
Oh Markell, I wish I was there to take care of you and give you a giant hug! We will continue to keep your family in our thoughts and prayers. Here's to hoping for that interview!
Post a Comment