Thursday, April 12, 2012

We LOVE Road Trips!

The thoughts of road trips always make me nervous.  Because I didn't really enjoy them growing up.  

The thoughts of the kids fighting, food in the car, boredom, etc. just give me a chill.

But every time we make a trip, I'm so grateful my kids travel so well.  Especially when they are like this--

Daniel was sitting behind me so  you can't see him but he was asleep too against the window.  I love how the two who are awake are smiling at the camera.  They make me smile.  :)

On Friday, March 9th we set out for Tennessee once again.  This time to find a house.  I was really nervous that we might be going out too early but the kids had the next week off for spring break and I can't pass up having "free" days to miss school.

We traveled to Memphis the first day and then finished the trip the next day.  We stayed in a hotel in Middlesboro, KY (just over the border from Harrogate, TN where DCOM is).  Sunday we got up and went to church to check out our new ward.  

Here's Ethan watching the Church's Bible videos before church.
We were surprised to see there were no pews in the chapel, only chairs.  And it was actually pretty full.  We found out after church that they have gotten permission to expand the building.  I guess they heard we were coming.  :)  Just kidding, but they are very excited to have us come join them.  It was fun to meet a few people.  The primary was larger than I anticipated but the young women's program is very small.  I think Christina said she was one of two or maybe three.  There seemed to be a good group of young men though.

We drove around some that day to look at different areas and some of the houses we had seen online.  It is so green there and beautiful.

Just a week before we were there, some tornados went through the area.  In fact, the roof of one of the homes we were to look at  was removed by the tornado.  It was amazing to see what damage can be done in such a short time and how one house could be completely destroyed and the one next door had no visible damage.  Amazing.

No comments: