Thursday, October 18, 2012

Leaving Texas

June was crazy.  We started off them month with insane packing and cleaning and Clay clearing post.  One of the last bubble baths in the tub with Ethan.  I love his eyes.
 My amazing friend Heidi kept the kids A LOT so I could be a little more productive.  Poor Ethan would get so tired from all the playing that he would often fall asleep eating. Poor baby.  He's so cute though...
 So we moved with ABF again this time (you pack it in a trailer, they drive it).  The trailer was delivered on June 6 and we began living out of suitcases.  We had it all packed (HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OUR WARD FAMILY IN TEXAS) and it was gone on Monday, June 11.  We were so blessed to have our wonderful home teacher's family offered to let us stay in their home while they were on vacation.  It was so nice to have a clean place to crash at night after working hard all day.

Sunday, June 10th was our last with the Copperas Cove 1st Ward.  Here's Christina & I with the Young Women's group.
 Christina and Diana--
Christina saying goodbye to her friends--
 We spent Monday and Tuesday cleaning the house while the kids stayed at the Campbell's.  It was crazy but we did it--only had to pay for the blinds that Ethan had destroyed and 2 lights I forgot to clean that were in the closets and I couldn't reach the day of checkout to clean.  HUGE RELIEF.  We've had many tell us that everyone gets charged huge amounts for cleaning but I guess we passed the test with our cleaning skills.  :)

After clearing housing on Wednesday, Clay had to do more running on post to clear.  Thursday morning, June 14th he had to finish clearing while the kids and I loaded the car and cleaned the home we had been staying in.

We stopped by to say goodbye to the Campbell's before leaving the state.  Here's Ian with most of the kids.  It gets a little crazy with that many.  I will always be so grateful to their help.  I couldn't have done it without them.
 Heidi and I.  The kids often referred to her as my lost sister.  :)

We went to get some lunch where Clay met up with us and we were off.  A minivan and suburban headed out of Texas.  Finally.  The "9 month" stay that turned into our 2 years and 8 months was over.  We were so excited to be moving forward with our lives and having a new start again but it's always so hard to say "see you later" to our wonderful friends we made.

No comments: