I'm way behind and have lots to catch up on but I need to take a minute to write down an experience that happened yesterday. I should have Christina do this but she's at school.
A little over a week ago we had the missionaries over for dinner (life is finally becoming more normal, YAY!!!!) While they were here, I was getting a little discouraged about my inability to come in contact with others to share the gospel. While these feelings and thoughts were going through my mind, the thought entered that I am teaching my children how to missionaries and that is how I am doing missionary work right now.
Then later that week, Daniel was studying Judaism in school and he was able to read the story of Ruth (in school) from the scriptures I loaded on his Ipad. That night we had a conversation about the Bible and the Book of Mormon (8th Article of Faith). He bore his testimony last Sunday about how he prayed and received confirmation about the truth of this gospel.
Yesterday, October 2, Christina's government class started into a discussion about the presidential election and it turned to a discussion about religion.
The class started sharing how they felt about mormons and when Christina could tell she wouldn't get a turn by just raising her hand, she declared that she was a Mormon. The conversation continued and Christina got to share with her class the plan of salvation (she had just given that as her lesson the night before. Coincidence? I don't think so.) She was able to answer their questions and share what "Mormons" really believe.
I'm so proud of her. She was getting pass along and article of faith cards from the missionaries this morning at seminary to share with her class. :)
I'm very proud of both of my kids and for the opportunity which they have to share a little bit of the gospel with those they come in contact with.
1 comment:
Yey you're back!
I like the message of " I am a missionary when I teach my children the Gospel."
It is nice to see that approach because here we can't really share the Gospel with anyone.
Your perspective make me realize that I can still do that.
Post a Comment