As Nephi and Lehi in the Book of Mormon who were named after their ancestors, I too was named after my grandfather, Denmark C Jensen, who goes by Mark. I remember wanting to live up to his tall stature. In addition to serving as a missionary for the LDS church as a young man and later serving as a Stake Missionary,
Grandpa was always firm in the faith and endure much in his life. He served in the army for many years (World War II and Korean Wars), earning the rank of Colonel. He has many battle wounds that he has told us about in his amazingly detailed stories of the war.
Grandpa & Grandma didn't get married until he was 30, she was 23.
Amanda and Grandpa have had such a special relationship. She loves Grandpa and loved sharing his bowl of nuts with him! He was such a great Grandpa in so many ways to my children. He loved to read with them and was so quick to remember each of their names (pretty impressive considering the number of grandchildren (around 50, I think).
I will miss you so much Grandpa but I know you have many on the other side who are eagerly awaiting your return. I can't wait to get a hug from you there. We love you so much and thank you for your example!
No comments:
Post a Comment