Thursday, April 15, 2010

He's back!

Clay left last Saturday to fly to Georgia for DO school interviews. He had one on Monday in Georgia and then the other one was Tuesday in Tennessee. They sound like they went really well and he REALLY wants to go to the one in Tennessee so hopefully we'll get some good news shortly.

Yesterday morning, Samantha, Jonathan, and I headed down to Austin after Samantha's speech to do a little shopping before we picked him up from the airport. That's the closest Jo-Ann fabrics and it's the first time I've made it to that store since we've moved here. It's funny how happy I felt being inspired being in the store. I was able to get the fabric to make this little guy's blessing outfit (I've made a new outfit for each of our children) and got the muslin to make the inside of the bean bag for the little girls. Now I've got a couple more things crossed off our list.

Last night when I was giving Samantha a bath, she was having fun popping the bubbles as I rinsed the soap out of Amanda's hair. I've heard her make the b sound before, but only once. I was so thrilled when she said "bubble" last night. I then was able to get her to say "ball" but she refuses to say "baby." I know she knows what I want her to really say so she's refusing to at this point but we're making great progress with her words and that makes mommy so happy. She's growing up so fast and I still get amazed at some of the things she can do.

After we got her pjs on, she decided she wanted to take her doll carrier, baby, blanket and all, down the stairs. She walked right down the middle of the stairs holding all this stuff in her arms. Made me a little nervous for a second but she did great!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hurray!! I am so glad to hear that things went well. This seems like a very, very good thing. Congratulations. Keep us updated.

P.S. Where in Tennesse is this school?