Clay called later that afternoon to tell me that they had taken his bags for NTC. He met with the First Sergeant who gave him quite a talking too. Clay was told that he had to go to NTC, even with all the documentation we turned in stating he had to be able to answer immediately to the school when offered a seat. He was also told that school doesn't start until the end of July and so they would let him leave mid-July (about 10 days from due date). Nice. Suddenly all the nightmares I had at the beginning of this pregnancy of me going into labor during the move are not easy to shrug off.
Clay also told me that he was accused of being irresponsible towards his family. When he asked how, he was told that he never should have moved his family here if we weren't planning on staying very long. He also said a lot of other things that we don't agree with that I won't repeat here. Kind of interesting coming from a guy who is divorced. I believe that the Lord would have viewed us as irresponsible if we hadn't moved as a family and try to have as much family time as we can.
Needless to say, Clay's pretty frustrated so we've begun a process to help things move along faster. Since this is public, I can't go into a lot of details but our lives may be changing very quickly.
We're still waiting to hear from the schools. The school in Georgia is taking quite a while to get letters out (they don't call). From what I've seen on some of the forums I've been following for the school, we may get a letter today.
I'm looking forward to going to the temple tomorrow with some Relief Society sisters for a Stake Relief Society temple day. It will be nice to feel the peace and spirit that can only be found in the temple.
3 comments:
Oh dear Markell!
You know, your attitude is amazing, with all the changes you have been facing you still make time to let the little ones help with the bread!
Don't let it get you down, you know the Lord is watching over you every minute and he will bless you for your faith.
Still praying for your family.
Oh Markell! So many unknowns, keep us posted.
Great job letting the two cuties "help".
Wow. Some people. You know what you've done for your family is right--and that is what matters.
Post a Comment