Monday, April 19, 2010

Waiting.....

Well, we still haven't received any word yet on how DO schools.  I really should be a pro at the waiting game but I'm finding myself kind of struggling today.  Friday was hard for Clay because he thought he would hear something then.  I still feel very much at peace that this is the way we need to go.  It's just hard waiting for a definite answer.

Saturday was filled with just hanging out at home and getting some cleaning done and then we took all the kids to the library.  I can't believe that this is the first time we've made it since we've moved here.  The kids all had a ball and we're all anxious to go back again.

I was also able to keep myself busy and make the bean bag for the girls on Friday and Saturday.  It's so nice to have a stash of fabric to pull from.  I think I've sewn more again in the months we've lived here than I have in quite a while.  I probably should be spending my time cleaning and organizing the house more but it's a good out and very cheap right now, thanks to my fabric stash I got going through my Grandma Beck's stash a few years ago when we moved to Utah.

Last night Clay had to pack for NTC (National Training Center).  If we don't hear something really soon, he'll be leaving around Mother's Day (great timing, huh?) and be gone for 6 weeks to California in preparation for his unit's deployment in August.  Timing is getting really tight.  I guess they're loading the boxes that will go on the train with people's stuff the end of this week.  Hopefully we'll get some good news before then and he hopefully won't have to go to NTC but put on rear detachment or something and be able to stay here and help me get ready for a move hopefully in June.

Thank you to everyone who is praying for us and other military families.  Yesterday in church I was reminded once again how important prayers are.  I've met some interesting military spouses here and I know that our local leaders, especially the Stake Presidency, is getting very concerned about the continual deployments and how they are affecting the members.  I've met a sister who's husband is on his 4th deployment in 7 years (I might be slightly off here).  He was a return missionary but something happened on a previous deployment where he's lost his testimony and won't talk to his wife about it.  He's now smoking and drinking.  It's so sad.

We've been told that the army is supposed to be working on lengthening the dwell time at home between deployments and I sincerely hope that will be the case.  It's just too hard on the families.  Our neighbor just got back today from his 4th deployment.  I honestly don't know how these amazing wives handle that for that long.  At least the deployments aren't the 15-18 month deployments that they were in the beginning of the war.

Please pray for all the military families.  I honestly had no idea how hard this was for families or how frequent the deployments have been for some.

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

Oh dear Markell!!
We'll be praying, that is as much as we can do. Our love if with your family.