For those not familiar with the lyrics, here's the chorus:
"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."
Jonathan says, "Mom, we live in a temporary home, right?"
This was of course followed by a discussion of what a temporary home was, but I still am so surprised he picked up on that. I wish I could be better about hiding my feelings from my children. I'm so ready to move on.
Yesterday wasn't the best day. A little tears and a lot of frustration. Oh, how I wish I had visiting teachers or home teachers who I even knew who they were. Amazing how much I miss that. It's not that I expect someone to take it away, but it's nice to feel like you have people around you who really care about you.
I really wish that we could get mornings going better around her. I've tried even just waking up the kids who have to go to school but the other two get up anyway. Someday we'll figure out the trick. Maybe it's just having them all grow up a little more and possibly not need as much sleep. I still get amazed at how much our kids sleep. Amanda usually sleeps about 11 1/2 hours at night and I still have to wake her up to get her ready for school. It just is a little sad that by the time dad gets home from work, we're lucky to have about an hour before it's bedtime.
Sorry, I hope you all don't think I'm a whiner. I just need a place to vent sometimes and this is it. I know that things will all work out like they are supposed to. He's led us this far and I know He won't leave us alone. Just wish I were stronger like so many amazing women I know. :)
I did pull it together to start going through the boxes of outgrown clothes and get rid of the girl ones. I know we're done after this but it's still hard to get rid of that part of my life. Amanda kept telling me we could save them for a little baby girl after we have the boy but she just doesn't understand mom's reached her limit.
We found out that Clay's on an alternate list for the school he really wants to go to. They have told us that they usually pull 25-35 off that list during the summer as people back out for whatever reason, even after putting down a $2000 deposit to hold their seat. OUCH! We should get a letter from the other school hopefully by this weekend to see what they say. Fingers crossed and constant prayers.
3 comments:
I know I haven't been in touch in a while--sometimes it does seems like our lives can be a sequel to the book of Job, huh? I am crossing my fingers, praying for you, and sending you good thoughts! You are a strong woman and can do hard things!
Consider me your virtual visiting teacher. I am rooting for you! I hope you will find out soon about the other school. I think you are one of the strongest women I know. Don't short change yourself just because you had a bad day. You have been through a lot the last couple of years. Just know that even though I am not there, I am thinking of you and sending you vibes of love and comfort. Miss you.
I hope you hear back quickly!
And I would include you in that list of amazing women!
Post a Comment