Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thank goodness for Sundays

Kind of ironic that Clay's been gone most of today with home teaching appointments and correlation meetings but it's nice to let things go on Sundays.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts.  Nice to have virtual visiting teachers out there.

Thursdays are supposed to be short work days here but just after 3 pm when Clay was supposed to be coming home, he called to say he just got put on CQ duty and wouldn't get off until 9 am the next morning.  So Christina and I (Daniel got to help too) had the privilege of doing her science project and finishing up a flag project for 5  countries that participated in World War II.  Luckily we had done most of the flag project earlier in the week and the science project went fairly well between trying to keep the younger ones in bed.

Things are going better.  Clay called the school that he really wants to go to--DCOM.  It's in Harrogate, Tennessee (where Tennessee, Kentucky, and North Carolina meet).  The lady we've been emailing back and forth is incredibly nice and told Clay some very positive things that has really given us a lot of hope.  She was able to write a letter stating that he needs to be available to respond immediately if called about a seat.  Since right now they're not allowing the guys to take cell phones to NTC, he needs to stay here to be able to take the call when it comes.  It may be not a lot of notice about moving, but we're both feeling very positive at this point.

He also got a new sergeant last week that actually seems to care about our situation and is working to allow Clay to stay here instead of going to NTC.   Things are looking very positively that that will be the case.  We're both grateful.  It's only 6 weeks but any separation we don't have to do, we're grateful for.  Tomorrow they're going to go through his bags that he had to pack and then start loading the containers to be shipped to NTC.  It looks like his won't be on the list.  We should know a lot more this week.

Saturday we spent the day cleaning with the kids, going on a date of miniature golf and Thai food (never had before but I like it better than Chinese, lots of veggies and the meat is not fried), I was able to finish going through the boxes of clothes I save for the kids to grow into and got rid of 2 boxes worth of clothes.  It feels good to clean things out but still was a little emotional.  We then tried to head over to a theater production of Little Mermaid but it was standing room only and I'm not really in the mood for that with all the kids.  We ended up going to the park (the kids probably enjoyed this better anyway).  

It's been nice to have a little more motivation and energy lately.  I haven't really dared start packing but just going through things and condensing some of the boxes we never finished unpacking has been nice.  I just have to keep reminding myself that given being this pregnant, I'm still able to get ahead on a few things and I am making progress.

No comments: