Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things are getting hot!

Yep, looking forward to another scorching day of 90+ degree temperatures (and humidity).  Well, not really.  I have to admit that walking to pick up the kids from school isn't my favorite time of day mostly because it's so stinking hot.  

Last Friday I went with 2 of my Relief Society sisters down to the temple.  It was so nice to be able to go again and I feel so blessed to be able to go about every 6 weeks so far this year.  I know that won't be the case for the rest of the year.  We didn't get home until about 12:30 am.  Christina had her hike for girl's camp the next day so I didn't get much sleep that night and I was pretty sore from sitting so long.  Kind of makes me nervous for the move but we'll just have to take it slow and lots of stops.  I'm sure the kids won't mind.

Tuesday Clay's chain of command got wind of what we started and so he spent over 2 hours be questioned and threatened.  He didn't get home until about 11:30 pm.  I feel completely at peace with it.  I know that we've done everything we can up to this point and it's in the Lord's hands.  We're waiting to know what our futures are now but I know it will all work out somehow.  The individual we've been working with says we might know more details by this weekend so we'll see.

His scheduled departure date is now May 15th for NTC, subject to change of course.  Kind of ironic that it's the day my brother is getting married.  Because of being so pregnant, having a few kids, hopefully getting ready for a move, and Clay possibly being gone or leaving that day, I can't go.  I'm frustrated but know it's out of my hands.  I really would love to be there and support my brother but I can't.  One of those times I wish I lived closer so that traveling wasn't so difficult.

Tonight we're headed to the Ball for Clay's squadron.  Hoping we don't have to stay too long as I really am not looking forward to being around of drunks, especially with what's going on too.  I really hope it will be good and that everyone will behave appropriately.  Kind of a sad thing to have to wish for with adults.

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

Did you make their dresses? I love them!
I'm still amazed by your positive attitude.
We keep praying that everything will go well, and that you get more sleep :-)