I am pretty sure that I would have won the award for having the most clothes on of all the women there. I've never been around so many drunk people at one time. It's amazing to see how these guys think they deserve to lose control of themselves like that.
Friday we kept the kids home from school for some family time and drove up to Waco to the zoo again. It was a good break for all of us.



Clay had to work yesterday and today. They're moving the vehicles over to put them on the trains to ship to California for NTC. Yesterday it wasn't too bad because he was home by 2 pm but today he's still gone.
Today the kids and I headed off to church, walking in during the opening announcements. Eventually maybe we'll make it early but it's better than being later. My lesson in Relief Society went well. It was on prophets so I typed up some questions about the latter day prophets which was a fun change.
The last couple of days, have been kind of emotional for me. I'm sure it's hormones, at least I can blame them right now. I just have felt so blessed. I just can't believe the way our lives are going right now. Granted, maybe easier would be nice some days but I know this is where we are supposed to be.
Next month, we celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. I'm starting to feel a little old. It's amazing to me how quickly it's gone by. I look back to things that have happened since we've been married, and I'm so grateful for how we both have changed. It's so nice to be able to move past things faster and being more grateful for one another. Maybe one of these days I'll write down our engagement story on here. It seems to fascinate everyone else but it is so symbolic to me of how our whole marriage has been.
Sometimes I can't believe how much our lives have changed. From thinking we may only have one for what seemed like forever and now we will have 6 soon. Sometimes I can't believe how that happened. We have been so blessed in so many ways and I know the Lord continues to bless us daily.
Today as I was sitting in Relief Society, I was reminded of my wonderful friends who brought me dinner last year for Mother's Day as I was alone then too. That was such a wonderful thing to do and they are among many wonderful friends and acts of kindness I have been shown throughout the years. Thanks again ladies! I really hope I'm not alone next year on Mother's Day and I will get to see my hubby some time tonight before I go to bed. Well, I better go figure out what we're having for dinner tonight. What I wanted to have didn't quite work out (not a lot of grocery stores around here) so we'll come up with plan B. At least I did make a fresh strawberry pie for dessert, my favorite!
No comments:
Post a Comment