Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bored....kind of

I am actually pretty proud of what I've been able to do since Clay's been gone. He's halfway through "the box" where we really can't have communication. He has been able to call once (for 2 1/2 minutes) and I got a text last night which is more than the others have been getting. I really wish we knew when he was even coming home but his unit is horrible about communication and I probably won't know until he's on the plane and we'll have a few hours notice.

Since he's been gone, I finished the blessing outfit, made 2 stuff sacks for the sleeping bags that didn't have any, made some car seat strap covers (should have done this a long time ago), replaced the zipper in my body pillowcase, and got all the other mending done too. I started another project yesterday just to have something to do.

I really would like a vacation right now but packing up all the kids and going some place by myself is not too appealing at this point. Honestly, it would be more work and we don't have the cash for it anyway so we're sticking around this weekend.

I started recalling all the previous times we've moved since we've been married. The first major move was to Iowa, just days after Daniel (1st) and Christina's (5th) birthdays (we threw a pretty big party to say goodbye to all our friends). Next was back to Iowa, we packed the truck and left right after Clay's graduation (I was about 4 months pregnant with Jonathan), and then this last move we packed the truck the day of Daniel's baptism and after Clay had been gone for 6 1/2 months. I'm a little nervous that the move is going to happen so close to the birth of this baby.

I have always heard stories of grandma moving pregnant or driving herself to the hospital while grandpa was away with the army. I didn't realize all the details with the one that seems most similar to my situation right now. When she was pregnant with #8, she moved 8 months pregnant. They camped along the way to save money. I remember grandma and my mother telling me stories of how grandma would check a map every night to see how far it was to a hospital. I recently learned from my mother that grandma never went to the doctor before they arrived at their new station for the pregnancy. She was afraid that it would mess things up for grandpa so she just kept quiet and avoid the doctors so it wouldn't be on her record. Grandma, you truly are a wonder woman.

We are still waiting to hear from the school to see if Clay gets in. The congressional inquiry that we started gave us a response. I'm a little frustrated because they didn't look at the primary reason for the inquiry and just focused on what has happened in his unit here. I'm not sure what will happen now but they said that the earliest they will release Clay, if he gets accepted, will be beginning of July. This will be fun. I've been having a few contractions but I know that with each pregnancy those come earlier and I'm sure the stress of being a single parent right now isn't helping.

I'm trying to remember to take it one day at a time but it's hard when I just want to know if I can start packing or if I need to get started on another project that isn't too intensive or time consuming. I keep thinking of all these projects I would like to do (like the photos/scrapbooking) but I can't get into something that big right now. At least I'm getting a few things done.

Maybe I'll even get brave and take all the kids to the pool on Monday if it's not too hot. 3 1/2 days of school to go.

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

I don't think stories of Grandma's adventures help very much right now! they only scare me :-(
We keep praying for you. One day at the time is just the perfect thing to do.