Monday, June 21, 2010

14 years ago.....

I can't believe today is our 14th Anniversary. Some days are definitely longer than others. :)

I have to admit that last year was really hard. Father's Day and our anniversary fell on the same day last year, and we were of course separated. A year ago I had no idea I would be close to delivering #6, living in Texas, or that we would be on the path we are (whatever path that may be). Crazy times.

This last year has been kind of hard on both of us. The unknown is still lingering over our heads. The due date is getting closer. Deployment date has been given. Hope is hard some days that things will really work out the way that we would like them too. He's still on the list for the school in Tennessee, they may call any day (we're praying for that). Otherwise, he'll be packing his bags, those leaving in a couple of weeks, and he's scheduled to leave for Iraq on August 20th. Neither one of us feel good about this for so many reasons and are praying the Lord will intervene and one of the other paths that we've been told about will open up.

Thanks for sticking with me Clay, through everything. We've been on an interesting road, not sure where we're headed now, but at least we're together now. Love you.

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

Wow! 14 years is a long time! but what an amazing family you two have together.

I hope the uncertainty ends sooner than later so you can have some down time.

Happy Anniversary!