Chubaka is a great dane and a house dog, although he can go outside. He is big enough that his head could reach over the kitchen counters to see what we were doing. We had to really watch him when we were washing dishes. It was really funny to watch all the kids with him. Even though he usually isn't around kids, he did really well, especially for his size.
The weekend went really well, much better than I anticipated. We even had to leave him for several hours (in his kennel) on Saturday when we took two kids to two birthday parties and all 5 of the kids saw the dentist within 5 1/2 hours. No cavities again! (YEAH!!!!) but 3 of the kids got referrals to see an orthodontist (CA CHING!) I knew that 2 of them would need it eventually but was surprised by the third, and one of them is considered "urgent". Fun.
Chubaka went home on Sunday afternoon and the kids are already talking about when we get a dog and some want to name him Chubaka. That will be a little while but I think we're closer to convincing dad that a dog would be a good idea. Hint, hint. :)
2 comments:
What a nice way to try out a dog but be able to give them back =)
When I read your title I thought to myself..."tell me they didn't name their baby cubaka!!!" I had to chuckle when I saw the picture of the big dog...I don't think any other name would have been appropriate for him. HA!
Kids love dogs but they are another mouth to feed and they do make more messes to clean up AND it is a pain in the neck to do something with them when you take a trip!
Post a Comment