Thursday, June 3, 2010

This week has been really crazy.  I've been meaning to blog but just not quite sure what to say these days.

Monday we had a really crazy day, not the best start of the morning that day, but it ended up much better.  We spent the majority of the day cleaning.  We went through the boys room and dejunked, cleaned, and sorted out everything again.  It seems like I just did this but it's amazing how things forget to go back where they are supposed to.  After cleaning more of the house, Jonathan and I went out to run some errands while Samantha finished her nap.  Can I just say I am so grateful to have a babysitter so handy now.  I really don't think I could make it through any of this without some relief.

Jonathan and I drove around and checked out three different swimming pools here on post.  The kids (and I) have wanted to go swimming for a while but it's a bit of a challenge to do solo.  I finally found one that starts at 2 ft. 7 in. and the deepest was around 4 feet.  So after dinner, we headed over and we all got some relief getting in the water.  Samantha was scared to death at first but after I held her and took her around, she warmed right up and by the time we left, she was trying to jump in the pool by herself.  Kind of scary for me.  It was so nice that even Jonathan and Amanda could go around most of the pool by themselves.  I also met a lady there who is due the week before me and a member of the church.  It was nice to compare notes and listen to her experiences with the army.  She was moving this week back to where her parents are as her husband is being deployed a week before the baby is due.

The rest of this week, we've been running around.  I feel like I kind of overdid it on Monday and so Tuesday I wasn't feeling so good and tried to take it easier.  Today I finally got around to getting Jonathan in for his birthday pictures (2 months late).  

Tomorrow is the last day of school and early out.  I'm so ready for school to be over.  Tuesday night I signed up Amanda for summer school.  It's not required for her, but I think she'll still benefit from it.  Wednesday I kept wondering if it's worth it.  It's only a month and doesn't start quite as early, but I really would like some freedom from all the schedules.

Next week is going to be really interesting running the kids everywhere.  We're going to have to figure out a new schedule at home because of it.  Amanda goes to school from 8-8:30 am and gets out at 1 pm.  Daniel has cub scout day camp all of next week from 3:30-8:30 pm and Saturday morning.   Christina has girl's camp from really early Tuesday morning through late Thursday night.  Hopefully I can get her to the church (with all the kids in tow) by 7 am so I can be back to get Amanda to school on time that day.  I'll definitely earn my mom taxi stripes next week.

The kids keep asking when dad is coming home.  It's kind of frustrating because there is a chance it could be some time next week, but I need to be prepared for it not being for another 2 weeks.  Hopefully we'll get some notice.  The girl who took Jonathan's pictures today said her husband is there as well and they have a FRG (Family Readiness Group) meeting tonight to find out when her husband is coming back.  Our group needs some improvement.  I wasn't impressed with them in the pre-NTC stage, and have heard nothing from them since he left.

No comments: