Amanda has had a loose tooth for quite some time. Last night after I got everyone to bed, she came into my room and showed me how loose she had gotten it. I'm not sure if she bumped it or what, but it was bleeding and barely hanging on by a thread. We got a washcloth and I showed her in the mirror how loose it was so she just reached in her mouth and pulled it out. She has such a high tolerance for pain it scares me sometimes. Anyway, she was so excited to loose her first tooth in Texas. I had forgotten but she has already lost her two front top teeth so this is the first one on the bottom.
Samantha has had a hard time the past several nights. I know she senses a lot of the stress and I guess it caught up to her too. At least she didn't throw a tantrum tonight at bedtime like she has the past two nights. That is definitely a new thing for her. She also has become quite the expert at opening and closing doors, including the gates outside. She has also learned how to lock doors. For two nights in a row, she would get up during our evening family prayer, go over to the door and I hear it lock, then she steps outside the door, closing the door behind her--locking herself out. It's kind of hard to keep everyone else focused and hurry and finish the prayer so that we can go let her back in. She gets so mad, I guess she thinks she's locking us in but doesn't fully realize what she's doing.
Best news is that school is out! I kept the kids up a little tonight to watch a movie so hopefully we can sleep in a little tomorrow. It's getting harder for me to get to sleep and harder to stay that way. I feel like I've gotten really huge the last week or so and starting to feel it. Samantha ran after a ball that was heading into a street the other day and I couldn't believe how hard it was to run after her. I'll have to keep her closer so I don't have to run so far. :) This little guy is getting bigger and his punches are too.
No comments:
Post a Comment