Saturday, August 8, 2009

Christina's first girl's camp

Christina left for her first girl's camp on July 29th. It brought back all kinds of emotions for me--I loved girl's camp. It's where my love for the mountains was developed as well as my testimony. I still remember some wonderful spiritual experiences from when I attended girl's camp as a youth. I hope she will have similar memories some day.
My sister had flown in from Colorado early that morning (like 12:30 am) and was able to watch the other kids while I went to the church to drop Christina off.

Getting ready to go with Becky Pirillo (one of the Beehive leaders), Courtney Pirillo (her birthday is 3 days after Christina's, so she's the other new Beehive), and Joan Schneider (the camp leader).
They gave all the new "greenies" green leis to wear at camp so they would all know who the greenies were.She came back on Friday, July 31st and had so much to tell me. She had a great time. I hope she wrote experiences in her journal so she can remember them.

I was still feeling pretty young with a young baby but in the last few weeks, I feel like I'm bumped to the next group with older kids. Samantha's done nursing now so for the first time in about 6 years, I'm not pregnant and/or nursing. It's weird to think of the 13 years we've been married, I think I've been pregnant and/or nursing for about 10 of them probably.

Christina starts junior high in a couple of weeks too so it's a new life with many changes right now.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Girl's camp and I were not made for each other! I'm happy Christina had a great time!