Well, this morning Clay called me and told me the option of getting financial help with the army for the roof is pretty much not possible right now so I guess I get to gear up the baking to bribe the Elder's Quorum to come redo the entire roof on my house. He also found out that the army just buys a plane ticket for him right after graduation for him to fly home. If I were to go down, we would have to buy a plane ticket for him too to come home and waste the other one. So, for practical reasons, I guess I'm not going to fly out for graduation. :(
'
Christina and Daniel left this afternoon for overnight. Christina has gone to a friend's house for one more sleepover (I'm not a huge fan of sleepovers but she needs a break too) and Daniel left with our home teacher and his son for the Father and Son's Stake Campout. I'm so grateful that he was willing to sacrifice some time with just his son to include my son. They are the most incredible family and have helped SO much since Clay's been gone.
About an hour after they left, Clay called. I was so surprised because he usually doesn't call until after dinner if not bedtime. He called to tell me that an absolute miracle has happened. I guess his company is still getting in a ton of trouble so they will be bumped back to phase 4 and lose a lot of privileges again. I can't believe how they keep having this happen. I guess this morning, they took down social security numbers, names, cell phone numbers, etc. of a few of the guys in his company, he being one of those. Tonight they pulled them all aside and explained the situation with the company and want to acknowledge these few soldiers for being good examples and helping others. They gave these soldiers the option of taking a weekend pass (not having to go back at night :) ) this weekend or next.
Weekend passes are impossible we've been told to get so I know the Lord's hand is in this. A couple of nights ago, I was having a hard time again when we were talking on the phone. I like to plan things too much and have a hard time remembering sometimes that it's all in the Lord's time frame and not mine. I made a comment to Clay that I really wish there was some way we could go to the temple together again. I'm so grateful that He is providing a way for that to happen. I really didn't think that would be possible until Clay came back home. I'm grateful for prayers being answered for small, simple things. It is another tender mercy, a miracle. I have to sit back and get amazed at the timing of everything too. What if the water heater would have leaked next week, when I'm gone?
Clay called tonight and asked me to come so I'm frantically trying to put together a trip for next weekend to go see him and cancel the one in September. Crazy, huh? He has always been the more spontaneous one in our relationship so I guess the army is going to help me become more spontaneous. Funny, my version of spontaneous is a week's notice. This is about as spontaneous as I can get. :)
So, I've bought an airline ticket and reserved a car so I guess I'm going. Christina and Daniel have no idea what's happening. They start school the morning after I get back. I still have no idea what's going to happen with my kids while I'm gone. My mother said she would figure that out so I hope she figures it out soon so I don't have to worry about that. I can't believe how much our lives can change so quickly.
Some of the guys in his company have started receiving their orders but Clay hasn't yet. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks everything will fall together. I don't know now when the Elder's Quorum will be able to help with the roof so I can't put the house on the market yet.
I finished painting our bedroom. I've been rearranging the living room and cleaning the carpet in the living room. When I'm done, all the carpet upstairs (except the boy's room) will have been cleaned in the last couple of months. It's still kind of a mess but I'm happy with being able to get rid of stuff we've had forever and not needed. The house is looking better, I'm feeling more peace in our home most of the time, and the kids are starting to find it's easier to clean up this way. Still more to get rid of but I really feel good about what I've done. Hopefully that doesn't sound prideful.
2 comments:
How exciting!! I can help with your kids if you need me to!
I wish I was close to help you out!!
Although I know nothing about roofs!
The timing of the Lord is always perfect. I am so glad you get to go to the Temple with clay.
Good luck....it's almost over!
Post a Comment