Sunday, August 9, 2009

Something to look forward to

Last night one of my neighbors let me come over and give the kids all showers and baths. I even got one too while she watched the kids. Warm showers are wonderful! I can't wait to take one in my house again. I am so grateful for her willingness to let us come over. What a wonderful, amazing neighbor! I have many of those in this ward.

We made it church again, only slightly late. I was up really late/early this morning talking with Clay so it was hard to get up and going. I have to admit that I really look forward to Sundays. It's a good measure for another week done. Another week closer to Clay. Plus it's a good break from the kids for 2 hours (except for Samantha but she's so easy!). I finally admitted it. I really can use the spiritual uplift too. It all helps to get me ready for another week.

I'm hoping to get a call in the morning to tell me that I'll be getting the hot water heater in tomorrow. If not then, it will be Tuesday. I'm really hoping it's tomorrow. I am SO grateful to have running water in the house but having HOT water would be heavenly. :) They actually condemned the water heater and the furnace because they are not vented properly. It will be nice to live in a house that isn't partially condemned again.

I learned last night that the water heater is still leaking if it gets more than about a half of a gallon in it and apparently the valve still is not closed all the way. I was opening the valve to drain the hot water heater again last night before bed and Jonathan asked what I was doing (the fun "what 'cha doing" phase). I told him I was milking the cow. So the kids all say that I'm down milking the cow now. I promise we don't have a cow in the basement.

The Relief Society President decided I've had enough I guess, so my visiting teacher arranged for dinners for the rest of the week. When she brought in dinner tonight she even brought a big stack of plates, cups, forks, etc. to throw away. I am grateful for it. It was so hard to accept it today for the entire week but I bit my tongue and didn't refuse. I made it through everything else lately, especially the loss that most of them don't know about because I didn't want to make a big deal about it and really don't need some of their opinions about the size of our family, so I'm sure I can continue to make it myself but it is nice to get some help. I know I should get better about asking for help but it's SO hard for me.

With all the chaos going on here I have really felt like I needed something to look forward to so I'm trying to start planning my trip out to get Clay. I'm the type of person that needs to have goals or something to work on or I don't accomplish much. The kids are all really excited for this too. Jonathan keeps asking me if we can go to the airport to get Daddy yet. They all talk about how I'm going on an airplane to pick up Daddy and bring him home. We're all ready for this separation to end. 6 more weeks, 21 down. It's nice to look at the calendar getting filled up with school, etc. and realize it's getting so close.

I've made arrangements for a hotel, but that's it so far. I've been looking at flights but haven't bought them yet because I'm trying to make sure that we'll be able to fly home together. That would stink to be on separate flights.

I realized while I was talking with Clay tonight that we've never had so much time scheduled for just us. It's not much (4 days, 3 nights--only 2 with him :( ) but to have no interruptions or distractions. Wow! I'm looking forward to it. I've weaned Samantha, so it's just me this time. Flying on the plane to get him, just me. I really need to remember to take a book or something to read. I've only flown once by myself before which was 16 years ago when I took my first flight ever to Germany. Not too bad for a first time on a plane. Solo to another country.

I don't know that I'll know what to do with myself. No children to entertain or toys to pack to keep them busy. Maybe their will be kids that I get to sit next to that I can play with. I don't know that I've had so much time alone in years. I'm really not looking forward to spending the night alone in a hotel. I've never done that before. At least it's only one night. Then we'll see if I've forgotten how to sleep with anyone else in my bed. I have to admit that was probably the hardest adjustment to married life so I hope I haven't forgotten how to share the bed. Crazy concerns, huh?

I am most looking forward to flying back with Clay. I can't wait to come home and see all of our kids again. I can already see the excitement on their faces when Daddy comes home. I can't wait to be a family again. That's the dream that keeps me going right now.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm positive that 7 months without their father will encourage your children to be extra excited to see the two of you come home!!