Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 26

Another crazy day here. Jonathan got invited to a birthday party this morning so we squeezed that into our plans. We have been dog sitting the last two weeks which has been so much fun for all of us. Today we returned Tabby to her home and then drove down to Knoxville (1 1/2 hours) to pick up her family. We were going to go out to dinner with them but their kids got sick so they headed home in their car and we took our kids out and then told them we were going to take a different way home. We surprised them by going to Pigeon Forge, TN. I had reserved a hotel here that we are having some family time before the chaos begins next week again.  

It was so fun to listen to the kids as we drove into town. Some of them didn't catch on until we pulled up to a hotel where I went in "to see if they had a room for us". I can't wait to see it in the daylight. I've wanted to come here as a family since we moved to Tennessee and am so excited to have time with our little family. 

1 comment:

Tammy said...

How fun. I have been to Pigeon Forge a few times. Our high school choir used to do competitions there. It is a beautiful place. Enjoy your family time.