Sundays are the one day that Clay doesn't study and we have family time and a little more daddy time. Clay's serving as the secretary in the Elder's Quorum with a man who has been a member for about 3-4 years as President. This man is probably our parent's age (60s) and relies on Clay for pretty much everything. Clay used to go every Sunday early to take notes for him in the early morning meetings but now only goes twice a month, alternating with one of the counselors.
I was so excited because we were bringing one of our sister sets of missionaries home after church to join us for dinner (we have 2 sets of sisters and one set of elders). We had also discussed having another impromptu dessert night at our house and inviting some of the members of our ward over for homemade donuts to share. As I started inviting people, Clay stopped me and told me he had just been informed that he had a leadership meeting in Knoxville at 4 pm so I had to postpone with everyone I had just invited.
We had just enough time to go home and finish up a few things before we ate the dinner with the sisters that I had put in the crock pots before Clay rushed off to his meeting. As he was coming home, he texted me and said one of the sisters in the ward needed him to work on her and help teach her husband how to help her. So our evening with friends ended up with me and the kids having a quiet evening at home so Clay could go out serving. Even though I was able to serve by feeding the sisters, I think I served the most by staying home and keeping things going there so Clay could go out to serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment